You guys, today is National Cat Day, and if that doesn’t call for a quick blog post, nothing does.
I’m lucky enough to have two. Though really, if it weren’t totally insane, I would have three. Or more.
Cats are amazing, and I could probably go on for about six hours as to why I love them so much, but I’ll sum it up with a few key points here:
1. Cats don’t hold grudges. They don’t have malicious thoughts. They don’t over-think things. Basically, they’re not humans. They’re also really fucking smart.
2. You have to earn a cat’s loyalty. I love dogs too, but if we’re being honest, dogs get excited to see just about anyone. You have to win over a cat.
3. They have such unique personalities and temperaments. They talk to you, if you know how to listen, and they have immense imaginations. (Who else can play with pieces of string for hours on end?)
4. They can sense your feelings, and if they like you, they’ll comfort you when you’re feeling sad. The best therapy ever. Not kidding. Animals make for a happier home.
5. They’re soft, fuzzy little creatures that are fun to snuggle with and burrow your face into. Also, nothing is better than listening to a cat purr while you’re holding it.